BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Never Dull

I am gearing up to head into a very busy season of life over the next month or two.
September is always hectic with my son's birthday, my anniversary, Scottish Festival, Holiday Grand Plan.

But this year there's an extra challenge added to the mix. During the next month and a half I will be dividing my time between VA and MD to help care for my mom. She has Alzheimer's and her regular "caretaker" is having some surgery so I'll be stepping in. The biggest challenge is the difficulty my mom and I have in getting along. She can only take me for a couple of days and I can only take her for a few days longer. I just have to laugh at it though.

HGP starts on Aug 26 and this year I'm not really concerning myself with the Holidays. We don't have money to buy gifts and truthfully I'm not in a gift giving or Christmas celebrating kind of mood. It doesn't seem to matter in the grand scheme of things to me. I'll put decorations up because of my husband and son but if it were just down to me I'd rather not. Bah Humbug!
I'm still going to participate in the plan though because of it's cleaning schedule.

I've got a big yard project in the works and as soon as I get started I'll share the plan and pictures. I want to put in a garden but I don't want to do a lot of work, with a toddler it's difficult to find the time to tend to a garden and a huge yard so I'm going to start small and easy.

I've completed 2 knit hats in each color of yarn that I have and I've now begun to make matching scarves. I'm working very hard on my knits, I hope I can sell them. As Christmas gifts I'm going to try and make some coffee cozies and drink coasters with some leftover yarn. It shouldn't cost me anything but time. As soon as I get one of those made I'll post a picture.

Well I must be off, a house full of duties awaits me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home