BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Picture Post: Go Spot Go

Joanna had asked me a question about removing stains and so I thought I'd do a picture post to help out.

We start out with our ingredients and you can find the recipe here



And now we'll pick a spot on the carpet. Here is where my dog puked. GROSS. It has been there a few days because it's behind a door where I wouldn't readily see it.


Want a closer look at that nasty stain?


Pour on the remover but be careful, a lot of this goes a long way and will foam up quite a bit once you get scrubbing. Let solution sit for a couple of minutes on the stain.


Okay now get scrubbing. Scrub in each and every direction, don't be afraid to really press into it.


Sop up the moisture with a clean dry rag


Here's what it looks like now. Let this dry some more.


And now here we have the formerly stained area after it's been vacuumed.



I also cleaned an area that my son had gotten some playdough on. It had dried and I couldn't get it up easily. I used the spot remover solution and here is the before and after.



I hope this post helps and now you know that a homemade solution that doesn't have nasty fumes or harsh chemicals can clean every bit as good as what you can find in the store!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the great tip!I'm gonna write this down and use it.

    Danielle Ferguson

     

Post a Comment

<< Home