BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Product & Company Review: Those Shirts

I purchased a T-Shirt about two months ago from "Those Shirts". I will not directly link to them because I'm giving them enough publicity as it is and they do not deserve it.

Their "faq" states shipping time is about a week (2-3 days processing, and 2-3 days shipping time - they ship via priority mail).
I was hoping to take the shirt on vacation with me and so I ordered it slightly more than a week before I was to leave.
Date ordered: June 15

Vacation time comes and no t-shirt. Not even a notice of shipment.
Once I did get the shirt it was 2 weeks since I had ordered it, so double the time they stated it would take.
Date Received: June 29

I tried the shirt on, I ordered an x-large and the tag stated it was x-large but it was so big on me, it was the same size as a 2X. And then - the worst happened. The shirt stained my undergarments, my furniture and my SKIN! It was a red shirt and so I looked as if I were a lobster. How embarassing! I've never had clothing stain my skin.

I decided that things were just not going right with this transaction and I was unhappy with the product so I took the company up on their full refund offer - no questions asked.
Well they may not have asked but I sure told them! I sent them an email explaining the situation and to find out how exactly to go about returning the item.
Return email sent: July 4

A week went by with no reply to my email so I emailed again. This time I did receive a reply right away but with a curt answer of: "Sorry about that - instructions for refunds are on your packing slip and on our Contact Us page..."
Return email sent & received: July 12

So now I have to go and do the work for myself, they finally took the time to respond to me but they couldn't just mention in the email their refund instructions? How hard is that? I knew the return instructions were on the website and my packing slip but I wasn't going to take any chances, things already weren't going well.

The next day I returned the item and I used Priority Mail with Delivery Conf. just so I could know for sure that they received the shirt back. It was delivered to them on July 16. Along with the shirt I sent a note asking them to contact me telling me when I would receive the refund.
Nothing.....

On August 5 I had to waste more of my time and email them once again! I stated:
"Well my bad shopping experience with this company seems to get worse. I've had to contact you numerous times now.
I sent the shirt back and it was delivered to you on July 16. I asked to be notified of when I would receive my full refund but I haven't heard anything and I've not received my money back.
Do you treat all of your customers this way? "

I made sure to include the delivery confirmation number in the email so there would be no mistake.

Late that night on August 5 I received this reply: "Your refund has been processed. Have a nice day."

Well lah dee dah. They sure did give me a refund (well I am out the $5 for the return shipping). They offered no apology and do you know what? I'm willing to bet they weren't going to give me a refund if I hadn't pressed them for it. They were going to see if they could let it go and maybe I'd forget all about it.

So - my experience with this company is bad product, even worse customer service, shipping slower than stated and just one big headache!

This is just one opinion but I'm not going to be quiet about it. I felt so strongly about this one that I had to let others know. Be forewarned!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Davrick said…

    Hello, I am with ya, I ordered some shirts, and they don't even have a phone number to contact anyone. What a pain in the ass. I ordered my shirt on the 9th of Sept. It's the 20th of sept, and no shirt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home