BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Recipe: Cottage Cheese Pancakes


So apparently my cooking capabilities are on the decline. My fiasco from last night carried over to this morning.
I made Cottage Cheese Pancakes and either they burned or I couldn't cook them enough. Can someone please help me find my inner Rachel Ray? Maybe she's on vacation. I was able to rescue enough of these delicious yummies to feed the fam this morning.

Anyway I thought I'd share the recipe. I follow a strict high protein diet and these cheesy "pancakes" are a meal fit for even the pickiest in my family. Both my husband and my sister like them and I mean that's saying something!

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 TBSP butter
1 egg
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 TBSP flour
salt
pepper

Saute the onion in the butter until golden...allow to cool in pan.
In a small bowl, beat egg slightly, blend in cottage cheese, flour, salt and pepper, add onion butter mixture.
Heat nonstick skillet, spray with Pam and place 1/4 cup scoops of batter and spread into small pancakes. Cook until browned...flip and cook until lightly brown on other side.

You will have to cook awhile on the first side before you attempt to flip otherwise you'll get a gooey cheesy mess.

I like sugar free syrup or tabasco on mine. The onions in this really make it that much better.
Double the recipe to serve a family of 4, add some fruit to round out the meal.

Let me know if any of you try it, I'd like to know what you think.

Later today I'll be posting a product and company review for a company called "Those Shirts."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home