BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holiday Grand Plan Week 14

Holiday Decor Week

As my dad used to say, "Whoa Nellie!" The last couple of weeks have been a frenzy!
My Thanksgiving was wonderful, I worked very hard but I also had a truly nice time. I think next year I'm going to ask my Aunt and her family if they'd like to join us. She would add some spice to the mix!

Saturday we went to my grandmother-in-law's 90th birthday party. Today I went to Williamsburg to get my son who'd been having vacation at Camp RaRa.

Between all that I've been trying to keep up with the house and decorate for Christmas. Most of my decorating is done, the tree is up and I'm working on Christmas cards. I still have about 1/3 of the decorating to do. Now that we live in a different house I have to figure out where to place our treasures. I may also put some lights up outside which I haven't done in decades.

So get those decorations out of the garage, down from the attic and up from the basement, it's time to spread a little cheer.

Also, if you are mailing presents, make sure to get those packaged up this week and send them next week to avoid delays. Also, don't stand in the line at the Post Office, schedule a freepickup!

Now I must rush off, I've got to work some more on my Christmas cards. I'm going to try and get them out by Thursday.

I'll leave you with my favorite lines from A Charlie Brown Christmas.... (I just adore that show and there are so many great lines really)

Lucy Van Pelt: I know how you feel about all this Christmas business, getting depressed and all that. It happens to me every year. I never get what I really want. I always get a lot of stupid toys or a bicycle or clothes or something like that.

Charlie Brown: What is it you want?

Lucy Van Pelt: Real estate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home