BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Flood Of Concerns

Here is my story, all of it is absolutely true. No names have been changed to protect anybody.

Thursday evening I decided that it would really benefit my family if I could get up early Friday morning and get the grocery shopping done before everyone else gets up. I set my clock for 5:45 a.m.
I had a fitful night - hardly any sleep but I woke up one minute before the alarm went off (which is a good thing because I really hate that buzzer beepy thing).

I got the shopping done and was back at the house by 7:30 in time to feed everyone.

As I was unloading the car I noticed a puddle in the driveway just in front of the garage. I couldn't figure out how it had gotten there, it hadn't rained. Oh well.

Once I got all the groceries in the house I put my husband's soda into the garage where it normally goes and what do I see?
The garage is flooded! Our water pipe in the wall burst AGAIN!
Not much got damaged but we sure did have a tough day. MIL took the baby so that we could clear out the garage and get the pipe fixed. Our den is in shambles and we are going to have to put up all new panelling.

We decided to just get rid of a good deal of things in the garage. Instead of having a yard sale it was going to benefit us just to give it to the Salvation Army.
They said they'd come by today to pick everything up.

Since the garage floor was wet we had to leave all of our belongings in our driveway. Nobody looted us.
Morning comes and the Salvation Army hadn't called to say they were on their way or anything, we had some errands to run so off we went.

Then it started raining. We got back to the house and found they still hadn't come. By that time it was raining harder. The garage floor was drier than the driveway at that point so we had to move EVERYTHING BACK IN. We tried calling and calling the S.A. but nobody answered.

About two hours after we packed it all back into the garage here comes the S.A. truck! But wait there's a problem. We have more stuff than what they thought. They thought we only had four boxes of things for them. They said they wouldn't take it and we could call to reschedule. I went out to that garage and said, "What's the problem here?"

They had this huge truck and those two strong men weren't going to lift more than four boxes because that's all the receipt had on it?

"Ma'am we have another lady who is irate that we have to get to. She has a good deal of things."

Well you have a large truck, I'll help you load these things on."

And so I did. Boy were they mad.
Ask me if I care.

heeheehehee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home