BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

For the second night in a row, I cannot sleep. I have these fits of insomnia every so often. The last one hit me in May.

I've been thinking about my family a lot lately. I really don't have much family left and it seems that my history is escaping me. There is nobody to tell me stories about the past anymore.
But last Thursday night something amazing happened. I got a phone call from my cousin in Alaska whom I'd never met! She was in Virginia and she wanted to come and meet me.

We spent three hours together and she told me so much about my family. Her father was my grandfather's brother.
They all had some far out nicknames (Tiny, Brub, Pork and their mother Poot).
Looking at my cousin Lisa is like looking at a ghost. She has so many features similar to my grandfather (Tiny and Brub did look an awful lot alike).
She invited me to visit her in Alaska next summer. I'll need to start saving my pennies but I think it will be worth it.

Here's a photo of Lisa and Jeremiah

2 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Mark and Erin said…

    Hi,
    This is going to sound like a very bizarre comment to your blog...but I just ran across your blog via Crystal Pain's blog at Biblical Womanhood Online. She mentioned in one of her posts, that your husband works for Operation Blessing here in VA Beach. I was just surprised and happy..I work at CBN as my husband is attending Regent! Anyway...I wanted to say "hello". :-)It's always amazing to run across fellow believers in the "blogging world" who live in the same area of the country.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Hi Erin! Small world :c)
    I used to work at CBN as well - for 3 years in the Print Shop. Do we know each other?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home