BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Holiday Grand Plan Week 6

Week 6: Kids Room

I really need to do a lot more work in my son's room this week but I won't be here!
We have a major toy and clothing overhaul to make. And when I say "we", I mean "me" because of course nobody else will do it!
I will just have to make a little extra time in the coming weeks to take care of this one. But you can keep the torch going. Get in there and do it, you'll feel better once you have. If your children are old enough then enlist their help. Do you have enough "stuff" that you can put into a garage sale? Weather is nice and perhaps people will be out looking for Christmas gifts. What a great way to make a few extra dollars for your gift fund.

Now is also the time to check/change your smoke detectors and work on Halloween/Fall Harvest costumes if you celebrate this.

How is your gift shopping/making coming?

So far I've made knit items for two family members and I have a few gifts coming in here and there from catalogs.

By the way, you can save up to 20% with Lillian Vernon this week if you have signed up for their e-newsletter. I just ordered several items for gift giving today with this deal. It really pays to sign up for e-news from your favorite companies - then sit back and wait for the offers. I typically earmark what I like in their catalogs and then wait for an offer - then order. I try never to pay "full price" for anything. When you do your shopping year around you save yourself money and stress!

Let me know if any of you are doing the HGP this year and how it's working for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home