BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Frugal Friday: Baking Soda Uses



We previously talked about Vinegar, now let's go over another product that is used around my house for cleaning, baking, odor control...the list goes on.

Here's just one tip for cleaning with baking soda. My kitchen sink gets really grimy (don't they all). So every once in awhile I bring out the baking soda (that I once again buy in bulk) and sprinkle some in the sink. Then I pour lemon juice over top and watch it bubble and fizz! I let this "paste" sit a few minutes and then I rinse with hot water. Most of the grime comes off with just a rinse but I use a rag or "greenie weenie" to get the rest off with just a light once over.
I've also found this concoction to be very useful in cleaning the shower. I was using Comet and all sorts of other chemicals to do the job but this worked just as well and with no offensive odors.

Take a look at some more uses for baking soda.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Kacie said…

    Baking soda is fantastic, isn't it? Thanks for posting more uses for it.

    P.S., we have the same blog color scheme. Neato!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great. My mom is allergic to most household chemicals. Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home