BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Frugal Friday



Today I'm joining in with Frugal Fridays which is hosted by Biblical Womanhood

There is no doubt going to be a plethora of information on the net this season about Christmas. Cheap gifts, reuse that wrapping paper, bring the outside in with pinecones and holly etc. etc...

I could join in too and I most likely will however today I want to talk to you about your prescriptions. More to the point let's discuss those prescription bottles. I know you have some in your junk drawer that read, "no refill" but you just didn't throw it away. If you are not going to get rid of that bottle I'd like to share a few practical uses for it once it's been thoroughly rinsed out. Ready? Here we go!

Reusing Prescription Pill Bottles (please disenfect them first):

1. Store spice mixes: I store mulling spices and sticky chicken rub (boy is that sticky chicken rub good on Turkey too!)

2. Lotions for travelling in your purse or gym bag. I have to put lotion on after I get out of the pool at the gym.

3. Coins for emergency phone calls, toll roads or vending machines.

4. Knitting and Sewing Notions: I can knit just about anywhere, I have a purse that my MIL gave me that substitutes as my knitting bag, I can keep my tape measure, compact scissors, rings and stitch holders in the bottle!

5. Donate them: Call and see if any of your local veterinarians could reuse them for animal medications.

6. Sort screws and nails in them. I have my own toolkit and it's easier to keep some screws and nails handy instead of rooting through my husband's tool bucket.

7. Salad Dressing: Put your salad dressing in a bottle to take with your packed lunch to work or a picnic.

8. Store seeds for next year's planting.

9. No need to buy fancy herb and seasoning containers at the store!

10. Store matches in them for camping to keep them from getting wet.


This list could keep going and going. Do you have an ideas? Share by commenting!

Have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger J♥Yce Burrows said…

    Wonderful...this gave me ideas for using other empty bottles such as vitamins/herbs in handcrafts! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home