BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Friday, September 01, 2006

September

And so here we are.
September, that lovely month yet I walk into it cautiously.
It's a wonderful month that kicks off a very busy season for my family yet I know I'm walking straight into Fall and that's always a hurdle in my life. I'm that summer beach bum and when I know that my beach days are dwindling I get a little depressed.

To combat this I arm myself with several things.

1. The promises of God - He loves me and I am his child. I need nothing more, not even the summer.

2. The many events that take place starting in September help me to keep my mind off of myself and sadness (which are really self-centered).

3. The joy in the hope for a bright new year with my family.


My September will shape up in the following way:

1. Holiday Grand Plan
2. Court date - and no, I didn't break any laws
3. Well baby checkup
4. Trip to Mil's for hair appt and cleaning
5. Baby's birthday
6. My wedding anniversary
7. Scottish Festival
8. Finish unpacking guest room and craft room
9. Fall decorations
10.Family Picture Project

By the way. I keep my fall decorations very simple. I'm not an experienced or very good decorator so I just do a couple of things to set the mood in the house during this time of year.

I made a wreath with a painting of pumpkins and I took some fabric leaves that I bought at Big Lots and hot glued them around the wreath. This hangs on the door.
I spruce up the dining room table with a pretty cream colored tablecloth that I bought for nearly nothing. I put out the pasta bowls that Sil gave me because they are a beautiful orange which reminds me of the leaves. I then spread out some fabric leaves across the table. Mil gave me a few pumpkin scented candles so those will be set out this year as well.

And that's it. Simple yet fun. I really only decorate from September - Jan 1. I don't have any spring or summer decorations at this time.

Once I get the decorations out I'll take a picture probably of my fall table and post it, I really enjoy it. I think that's something I can get done this weekend.

I'm off now to take care of the practical things in my practically pink world.
Enjoy the weekend everyone! And don't forget, I'll post again next week with the next installment of the Holiday Grand Plan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home