BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Frugal Friday: Chilli


To me, there is nothing better than a hot bowl of chilli on a fall evening, and what a low cost meal!

To go vegetarian here is all you need:

INGREDIENTS:
2-3 (15-16 oz.) cans of kidney beans, drained
1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder (more if desired - yes lots more!)
2 cups water

PREPARATION:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot; and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. Serve with sour cream, cheese, salsa, crackers or your topping of choice.


I also like to add some meat and since I need all the lean protein I can get I typically add chicken to this mix for a Chicken Chilli

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Elizabeth Sue said…

    Yum! I love to make veggie chilli. Thank you for a cheap and easy recipie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home