BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Why The Anger & Hatred?



I've been sitting here for several minutes, not sure where to start, unsure of what words to choose. I am greatly saddened by what I've witnessed today.

Well over a decade ago I attended a conference in which a speaker discussed theories on creationism. He offered up possibilities on why science and creationism go hand in hand. He was intelligent, well spoken, humble yet firm in his beliefs and I agreed with much he had to say.
Even though I was a teenager at that time I was already firmly planted in my religious beliefs and there was no doubt in my mind that my world was created by GOD.

I had been taught in school however that I arrived here through evolutionary means. As a small child being exposed to this way of thinking - I just couldn't imagine it to be true, it was as if I knew, even then.

During that conference I was eager to hear what this speaker had to say and it made so much sense to me. Convicted to tell everyone I could with this information in hand I wrote a note to this speaker. I handed it to one of my chaperone's and she had the courage to give it to the speaker. How she ever got his attention and time I will never know. Well I must tell you, I was honored when the speaker read my note to the entire audience just after an intermission. In the note I promised that I would take this information to my public high school and make a firm stand for the belief that God created the world in six literal days. It wouldn't be easy but I would do my own research and formulate a speech to be given in my speech class. I kept my word and did just that. As I gave that speech in front of my peers I made sure to pay attention to the reaction I would get. Most of my classmates tuned me out from the simple boredom that comes along with being imprisoned in a brick building for 8 hours a day. There was one student who seemed to be interested in what I had to say and one student who just shook her head at me.

Come on back to the future with me now and I will explain what all this is about.
The speaker at that conference was Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis.

When I found out last year that he planned to open a museum dedicated to the creation account I was certainly excited to find out how it would come to be. Yesterday the museum opened to the public and I for one will be happy to take my family there for a visit.

Today I turned on my TV to find a group of people angered and protesting the opening.
I cannot for the life of me understand why people would PROTEST the opening of this museum. I mean people were out picketing this place. WHY? If you don't like it, just don't go and ignore it. Is it really that big of a deal that you have to go out with picket signs? That's unfathomable to me. Is the mere existance of this place hurting anyone?

The best that I can understand is that a lot of people are upset about this place and the use of the word "museum". What? You are upset about a word that means:
"a place where objects are exhibited". What else would you have it called?
Well I just can't understand the tiff over that one, if anyone would care to explain it I will gladly listen and take the information you provide into consideration.

I also watched a video about it in which a woman was was just plain rude, had nothing factual to say and she couldn't back up her argument because it was non-existant. She was just angry that someone had a different viewpoint from her NON-viewpoint. She wrote a book called "Nothing" because that's exactly what she believes. If she doesn't believe in anything, why is she so upset if others do believe in something?
She also was misinformed about something that's in the Bible. She could only act a fool when it was trying to be explained to her that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible (and in more than one place with great description).

I am not trying to be demeaning to this woman, she is entitled to her own thoughts but it just seemed to me that she clearly didn't have a viewpoint. She had no bite behind her bark and I just couldn't make sense of it. Perhaps if she did have some bite I would sit up and take notice, then research and test it to come to a conclusion the way I do with everything else. Perhaps I should take a gander at her book to see what thoughts she presents there. That being said, I will always believe, it's written on my heart and is something that can't be erased.
I do believe that TRUTH is more than "to each his own" but I will not condemn someone for not believing, that's not my job. You can make up your own mind, believe or don't. I guess I just don't understand why some folks are so up in arms about it and so filled with what appears to be hatred.

Here is a link to that video of Ken Ham and the "Nothing" lady (I'm sorry I don't remember her name) on the opening of the Creation Museum
Video


And here is the link to the Creation Museum if you'd like to know more:
Link


I'll leave you with one question. Where you there?

Job 11:7-9

2 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Michelle Therese said…

    I'm a creationist too! I'm just now watching Dr. Kent Hovind's Creation Science 101 DVDs and they just blow me away!! I tried to share the very scientific information that supports a literal 6-day creation and just found myself either laughed at or getting yelled at. People are AFRAID. That is why there is so much anger! They don't want a God to "tell them what to do" and they don't want to live a life where they are accountable for their actions and there are rules and morals! So when someone comes along and shows scientific proof for creation that also blasts evolution out of the water people freak out! Or should I say Satan freaks out??? That anger is raw fear lashing out in self defense!!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Ryan and Stephanie said…

    I just watched the Fox video with Ken Ham. WOW! You're right. The reporter was so focused on what the woman had to say, that Ken couldn't get a word in. If they would have just listened, Ken could have explained it. However, it is obvious that that woman's heart is so hardened to the truth of scripture. It's really sad. I pray a her influence on others is crushed. Hmm, what a tool of Satan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home