BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Update On Insurance Issue

Thank you to those who have prayed, offered encouragement and advice.

Our total medical bills have come to over $50,000!
Some medical offices are allowing us to use payment plans, the hospital has cut my bill in half and I am now filling out a charity application to see if they will reduce even more of the cost. I have continued to have even more problems with my insurance (they are claiming I was not covered under my husband's policy at my most recent dr. appt. - WHAT?)

Currently we are looking at about the $15-$20,ooo range.
Even though that's still a little out of our reach the Lord has been so kind to us. We've been able to pick up website maintenance contracts with two of our website clients and we have one more big client that came to us over a year ago who is just now ready to have us develop his company site.
I have started a direct mail marketing campain in my zip code and I prayed over all the people I will be contacting - I prayed that my efforts would be fruitful. It will be interesting to see if I get any new clients that way.

I am also going to try and mass produce the knit hats that I love to make and try to peddle them to some stores in the area for the fall/winter season.

I may have a part time work at home job opportunity by this fall as well. If I can just keep my feelers out there maybe I can have this paid off within 2 years and get this burden off of our shoulders.

I'm going to post a few ebay auctions tomorrow evening, you can check here to see when they're up, all funds received will go to paying off this medical bill.

Thanks again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home