BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Friday, September 15, 2006

What To Do Now That He's Two?


My son is turning two soon and we are having a small birthday party for him this weekend. He doesn't know any little children here in our new city so it will just be a small gathering of our family.

I was considering throwing a Wiggles themed party but I received a great catalog in the mail with themed party supplies and it didn't have the Wiggles. But it did have a construction theme. The baby is really into tractors and cement trucks and dump trucks so it was perfect.
I ordered the basic kit for 8 people and it came with a tablecloth, balloons, plates, cups, plasticware, and placemats. I also ordered a few extra special things to decorate with. I'll take pictures of everything and post it next week.
I found some closely matching party hats at the dollar store.

I'm keeping the menu simple and I'm working around things I already have on hand. Of course there will be cake which I'll make from scratch. Since the party is in the late afternoon I'm going to serve a meal of chicken fingers, baked fries (with my super secret special spice) and maybe a fruit platter or simply some red grapes. Mil is making her fresh spinach and strawberry salad.

I'll probably bake the cakes tonight so they'll cool and then frost them tomorrow. That will give me the rest of the day to prepare the other foods and decorate the dining room. Today I'm making out my grocery list and cleaning the house so everything is fresh for our guests.

When Big Daddy gets home from work we are going to PetSmart to get the fish for the baby's first fishtank, we'll probably pick up a mylar balloon and get the needed groceries. Big Daddy is taking the baby to the zoo tomorrow morning so that I can concentrate on party preparations.

I'm happy that we are keeping the party small this year because our family has been through quite a bit of stress over the year, we've had a lot going on and I don't think a huge party for a "cranky" toddler would help matters!

I'm sure we'll have fun tomorrow, look out for pictures and also the next installment of the Holiday Grand Plan coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home