BlogItemTitle> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Practically Pink

Pink is the perfectly practical way to be.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Walking On

Well I tell you what...Friday afternoon was very trying.
After getting back to work from lunch (I despise being late), I turned in my notice of leave. I have been at this job since 2002 and it has been quite a nice position. There were really only 1 or 2 bumps that were hard to deal with but the people here made it fantastic.

I've been asking my husband for years if I could quit my job and be a full-time homemaker. It was only when the possibility of us having children started to become real that he allowed me to turn in my notice. Friday morning (after I had already arrived at work) he said that since we are going to be foster parents very soon that I can go ahead and turn in my notice. I did not hesitate, he finally said, "yes" and I wasn't going to give him a moment to think otherwise. When lunchtime rolled around I went home and grabbed my resignation letter from off the table.
I gave 4 weeks as opposed to 2 weeks because I know my boss likes to take his time to make sure he hires just the right person. I'm also hoping that my replacement will be here soon so that I will have a chance to train them. There are a lot of details that I would like to pass along so that the transition is seamless.

The social worker is coming to our house on Tuesday to interview me and tour our home. She said we'd probably have children by September.
I'm beginning to get very excited!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hadn't heard it from Josh yet.
    You will be missed. And of course I'll inform him of how poorly (hmmm...i mean well) your replacement would do.

    We are expecting you to touch base with us every now and then, of course. Michelle & I would love to have you both (including the kid(s) that you expect to foster/adopt).

    Excited for you both as you journey down this path.

    till later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home